Sunday, August 24, 2008

Let the insanity begin!

While driving into downtown Denver this afternoon, I saw police on most street corners, security guards at the entrances to parking garages and a whole slew of protesters marching down 17th Street near Broadway. And the convention hasn't even started yet! It's going to be such a mess this week. Simple things like driving and parking will suddenly become a challenge.

The Post is running several extra pages of coverage every day. I'm the politics wire editor for the duration, which means I make sure we don't miss anything important that other papers and wire services have covered. It sounds more interesting than it is. We have an army of excellent reporters in the trenches, so I doubt they'll miss anything big.

Media party was yesterday at Elitches. I couldn't go. Had to help put out a paper.

No comments: