Saturday, August 23, 2008

My first post

73 degrees and cloudy in Denver today. Some sprinkles were coming down as I was on the Post's roof about an hour ago.

I've never bothered to blog before because, well, I just didn't feel like it. Good reason, huh? Also, what was I going to say? The kids went to school today, I washed the dishes before work. Exciting stuff. But now I have a long-term goal to write about, which is (in case you didn't read my bio) to break into the publishing business. Yeah, I know, me and about a zillion other people. So what makes me different? I work hard and finish what I start, as a journalist I have a lot of writing and editing experience, and I take rejection pretty well. I'm sure there's more, but let's start with that.

Where I'm at: I've finished the first drafts of two short stories (one is waiting in the queue in the critique group Critters and the other is awaiting comments from my sister) and am working on a third. They're all in the science fiction and fantasy genres.

Favorite news of the day: When Joe Biden got the call from Barack Obama, who was asking him to be the Democratic candidate for vice president, Biden's wife was getting a root canal. He was in the dentist office. Talk about strange timing.

No comments: