Saturday, January 31, 2009

More on rejections

I ran my rejection passed a few people who have more experience with submissions than I do. The general consensus seems to be that the letter is a good sign that might mean I'm close to breaking into that particular market. However, one comment caught me off-guard. It was the suggestion that "personalized" letters are nothing of the sort. Rather, they're form letters in which the author's name and story title are inserted. As much as I had admit it, that makes sense. I'll have to wait until I get another rejection from that market (which I'm sure will happen sometime this year) to see whether it says the same thing.

In other news, I'm having a hell of a time revising the top of the first chapter of what will probably end up being a novel. First attempt was all description and no action. Second attempt started in the action but not at the pivotal point. Now I'm going into attempt three. Hopefully this time I can get it right.

No comments: