Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolution time

Here are the writing goals I have for 2009:
-- Finish at least one short story every month.
-- Enter the Writers of the Future contest every quarter.
-- Submit stories! And when the rejections come back, resubmit.
-- Continue to do a lot of critiquing of others' work.

I would put down something like "get published," but I really have no control over that. All I can do is write the best stories I can and hope I catch the attention of an editor. Or several.

I am going to try a new way of writing this year. I've often found that I can dictate a story to myself in my mind, but when I sit down to write it, everything I had come up with has floated away. So I now have a digital recorder, and I'm going to "write" verbally and then transcribe. We'll see if I can improve quantity and quality that way.

No comments: