Saturday, February 28, 2009

Week of highs and lows

First off, I have to say how very sad I am that the Rocky Mountain News is no longer publishing. It seemed so wrong to open up the not-Rocky Saturday newspaper over breakfast. OTOH, this isn't horrible news for me professionally. The one newspaper in town now, The Denver Post, (which I happen to work for) now has a much better chance at long-term survival. That means I have a better chance at keeping my job. It's one of those scenarios when I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

In a highlight for the week, I just got back from lunch with three very good friends from elementary school. I see Tina occasionally, but Deidre and Christie I haven't seen in 15 or 20 years. We caught up, shared some stories, ate some good food, took photos and promised to get back together again soon. I hope we do because I had a lot of fun.

No comments: