Saturday, September 19, 2009

More on WOTF

I've read online that Writers of the Future results will be posted tomorrow. No word on how many results or of what sort, but I'm going to guess it'll be the first set of honorable mentions. I'm hoping I'm not on the list, and here's why:

I sent in my story early in the quarter, which means under my (probably flawed) logic, if I'm going to get an honorable mention, it will be on the first list posted. But here's the thing: I don't want an HM. I'm crossing my fingers for semifinalist status. I've submitted enough times now that I'm of the viewpoint an HM is the nicest rejection in the industry (complete with a shiny certificate), but it's still a rejection. Maybe that means, when it comes to WOTF, I've crossed over from being giddy newcomer to jaded veteran.

Anyway, HM or higher or nothing at all, there's always next quarter. And the one after that, and the one after that ...

No comments: