Sunday, December 5, 2010

More good news

I'm happy to share the news of another sale. "Man of the Stars" will be in the January issue of 10Flash. I've enjoyed reading the fun mix of stories at 10Flash since its first issue went up about a year and a half ago, and it's exciting that I now get to be part of it.

The good news comes on the heels of not-so-good news. Two days ago, I received a rejection for the third quarter of Writers of the Future. That makes my tally there at four honorable mentions, three rejections and one pending. I'll be submitting my entry for Q1 in the next couple of days.

Interestingly, my tally is much better for stories that I write for markets that are not Writers of the Future. Of my three such stories this year, all three have sold on their first submission (one after a substantial rewrite). So, my plan is to continue writing two stories each quarter, one for WotF and one not.

No comments: