Friday, December 31, 2010

Resolution redux

Exactly one year ago today, I posted my writing resolutions for 2010. Let's see how I did.

1. Enter Writers of the Future every quarter. Success! In my entries for 2010, I got two honorable mentions, one rejection and one pending.

2. Get my stories critiqued but don't let the criticisms I receive make me rewrite the voice and individuality out of my work. Again, success. I'm much better now at sorting out what advice to take and what to ignore.

3. Submit. I put out 20 submissions this year, according to my log at writersplanner.com. That's not bad, but I can do better.

4. Write. I said yesterday that I had written 36,000 words in 2010, but that's actually the word count of the stories I finished and submitted. If I add in the abandoned projects, it comes out closer to 45,000 words, which is about 123 words a day . Again, I can do better. Much better.

Tomorrow: resolutions for 2011.

No comments: