Friday, January 14, 2011

Bits and pieces

I'm still doing some tweaking on the work-in-progress before sending it out for critique - trimming the fat, and elaborating on parts that need elaboration. I do try to get my stories up to submission quality, as though I were sending them to Asimov's or Fantasy & Science Fiction, before handing them over to my critique group.

Tor.com recently posted a short story by Ken Scholes, "Making My Entrance Again With My Usual Flair," and I got around to reading it yesterday. It's quite a hoot and a fun change of pace from my usual oh-so-serious reading material. Highly recommended.

I've started listening to the audio book of "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger. Yes, I'm several years behind on this one. My first thought after getting through First Date No. 1 was: So that's where Steven Moffat got the idea. I find that my audio-book selections (which I listen to in my car) tend to be hit-or-miss. So far, this one is a hit.

No comments: