Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bits and pieces

I finished the audio book of "The Time Traveler's Wife" this afternoon. I enjoyed it. The voices of Claire and Henry are distinct and personable. These are the sort of people you want for your next-door neighbors (except for the occasional and unavoidable streaking incident in the front yard). As often happens when I read a literary novel, though, I was left wanting when it came to the plot. The narrative had little in the way of increasing suspense; every event seemed to be given equal weight. This happened and this happened and this happened, too, and then the book ended.

What I'm reading now: Orson Scott Card's young adult novel "Pathfinder." I'm about 150 pages in. So far, so good.

I have finally gotten around to setting up an author's page at amazon.com. The bibliography is woefully small, but that only means there's plenty of room to grow.

No comments: