Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions for 2011

This will be the year of doing everything I was before, only more of it.

1. Write more. Last year, I wrote about 45,000 words and finished seven stories. This year, the goal is to beat that. I intend to write at least two stories every three months: one for Writers of the Future and at least one for other markets.

2. Submit more. Last year's stat was 20 submissions, so this year I need to do more. I also intend to start submitting more to the professional markets; I'll never make a professional sale if I don't send them my stories.

3. Read outside my comfort genres. The majority of my reading is in the science fiction and fantasy genres, with a sprinkling of romance thrown in once in a while. I need to branch out and read other things: classics, mysteries, thriller, literary.

4. And in a non-writing goal, I resolve to stay in shape. Not get in shape because I've been running two or three times a week since September. My resolution here is to continue with the running. It's good for the body and good for the sanity, too.

No comments: