Sunday, January 16, 2011

What I'm reading

Despite the title of the post, it's more like: What I just read. I finished the "Writers of the Future" anthology No. 26 this morning. Out of the 12 stories, I did not finish one simply because it did not hold my interest. A couple of others struck me as mediocre. But, by and large, it is an excellent collection of short fiction.

I also read a story at Subterranean Press by Jay Lake called "A Long Walk Home." Sometimes it seems like every time I turn around, there's a new Jay Lake story at some online magazine or another. Not that I mind. I tend to like his stuff. I was a little irked in this story that the main character never did figure out what happened to the human race. Nevertheless, I kept turning pages (so to speak) all the way through the end.

No comments: