Friday, February 25, 2011

And the Oscar goes to ...

Oscars will be awarded this Sunday. This is my Super Bowl. I love to watch the show and criticize the dresses, and I even tune in for the E! pre-ceremony coverage. Unfortunately, I will be working Oscar night this year and so will have to watch from my desk.

My Oscar picks are a mix of who I think will win and who I think should win, with some blind guesses thrown in for good measure. The only category I'm really torn on is best actress because I think Annette Bening (The Kids Are All Right) could pull off a surprise win. Here are my predictions:

Picture: The King's Speech
Director: David Fincher, The Social Network
Actor: Colin Firth, The King's Speech
Actress: Natalie Portman, Black Swan
Supporting actor: Christian Bale, The Fighter
Supporting actress: Hailee Steinfeld, True Grit
Animated feature film: Toy Story 3
Foreign film: Biutiful
Original screenplay: The King's Speech
Adapted screenplay: The Social Network
Art direction: The King's Speech
Costume design: Alice in Wonderland
Original song: If I Rise, 127 Hours
Original score: The Social Network
Documentary: Inside Job
Film editing: The Social Network
Cinematography: True Grit
Makeup: The Wolfman
Sound editing: Inception
Sound mixing: Inception
Visual effects: Inception
Documentary short: Poster Girl
Animated short: Day & Night
Short film: Na Wewe

No comments: