Friday, February 25, 2011

Firefly update

I was wondering when Nathan Fillion (a k a Capt. Mal Reynolds) would chime in on the Internet campaign to raise funds so that he can make good on his off-hand "I want to buy Firefly" comment. Today he posted on Twitter:
It's beautiful to dream of more Firefly, but PLEASE DON'T SEND ANY MONEY. Just keep being great Browncoats, which you are!

He also says: I'm proud my coat is brown.

So there you have it from Captain Tightpants himself. Keep your money in your pocket. Or, if you're determined to contribute to the Help Nathan Buy Firefly campaign, they are now looking at various charities to give the money to. Now that's a good idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After just watching the full series and the Serenity movie, I can understand why everyone would enjoy another run at "Firefly". That said, I wonder if it ever could be the same quality (or better) in a new incarnation.

If they ever decide to have a Firefly "rebirth", I'd be the first one at the TV watching it!

Congratulations to cast and crew of a great series.

nitrous