Monday, March 7, 2011

Bits and pieces

I finished the fourth (or is it fifth?) revision of my next Writers of the Future entry today, sent it off for (I hope) one last round of critique and did a happy dance in the living room. After three months of plugging away at this story, I'm pleased with how it has turned out. But I'm also tired of looking at it. I need to go play with my other work-in-progress for a while.

And now that I am laying off the revisions for a couple of days, I can finish the novel I'm reading and watch that Netflix disc that has been sitting on the shelf for a week.

We've had gloomy skies, 20+ degree weather and a threat of snow all day in the Denver metro area. As of 5 p.m., a few flurries have come down and that's it. Radar shows the snowfall sitting at the edge of the foothills but not moving into city. Yet. By the time the storm passes sometime tomorrow, we're supposed to have about 6 inches of snow on the ground. Waiting for it to start is sort of like waiting for an anvil to drop.

No comments: