Sunday, March 6, 2011

Firefly is back, again

The Science Channel began airing "Firefly" tonight, complete with science segments by Michio Kaku. The first episodes: "Serenity" and "The Train Job." It's nice that they're airing the episodes in order, unlike that other network that decided "Serenity" wasn't good enough to air as the pilot. Idiots. Anyway, I unfortunately had to work and could not watch. Never mind that I have watched every episode several times and own the DVDs. It's about the thrill of seeing this doomed but brilliant show back on the air.

Entertainment Weekly's Jeff Jensen and Ken Tucker both posted about "Firefly," one before tonight's airing and one after. Ken Tucker will apparently do recaps every week, as though the show were brand-spanking new. I love how my favorite pop-culture magazine is treating this like a Big Event. And I hope the Science Channel's ratings are through the roof.

No comments: