Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lazy Sunday? Hardly

Stuff I did in real life: Took advantage of the beautiful weather to go for a 3-mile run; called one of my sisters to wish her a happy birthday; did the grocery shopping; watched about half an episode of Doctor Who; read most of the current issue of Beneath Ceaseless Skies; and spent eight hours at the day job.

Stuff I did with writing: Early in the day, not much - probably 200 words longhand. After work, I finished a scene for the day's grand total of 600.

Bits and pieces:
  • Filming has begun on "The Hobbit." Yeah!
  • "Limitless" takes No. 1 at the box office. I haven't seen it and probably won't until it comes out on DVD, but I root for Alias alums to do well in their projects.
  • The Science Channel is showing the Firefly episode "Shindig" tonight, in which Kaylee wears a dress that looks like a wedding cake - inspiring the convention costumes of countless female Browncoats - and we hear the first (and only?) reference to "Captain Tightpants." Read a big ol' recap here.

No comments: