Thursday, March 17, 2011

Some days are better than others

Today has been one of those days that, if I had a time machine, I would skip right over it. So far, it has involved sitting in the dentist chair for two hours and being told I need oral surgery yesterday; an ankle injury that has me hobbling around like an invalid, and traffic backups that made me late to work.

With all that going on, I got no writing done. However, I'm pretty happy with my total progress for the week of about 1,500 words.

Bits and pieces:
  • It's my normal practice to take a book with me wherever I go, so that I have something to do during lulls. Usually, my book is either science fiction or fantasy and I get no comments on it. My current novel is "The Girl Who Played With Fire," and it's a great conversation starter. Random strangers ask me about it because they have read it, too, or are considering reading it and want to know what I think.
  • I keep playing back the scene in this week's "Glee" in which Kurt and Blaine finally kiss. It's such a honest, romantic moment, and there are too few of those on television nowadays.
  • Nathan Fillion is this week's cover boy for Entertainment Weekly. Awesome. I can't wait to get my copy.

No comments: