Monday, April 18, 2011

Bean goes up the nose

Today in real life: My youngest child stuffed a small, bean-shaped toy up her nose this morning - way way up - which resulted in a trip to the doctor's office to get the darn thing taken out. I have no clue what was going through her head when she did that. In retrospect, I don't think she knows either. When I asked, all she said was, "It just happened" - like the little bit of plastic found its way into her nose all by itself. At least she won't do it again. I hope.

In better news, the newspaper to which I give 40 hours per week has won a Pulitzer for the second year in a row, this time for editorial cartooning. For those who don't know, the Pulitzers are the Oscars of American journalism. Winning one is a Very Big Deal. I have nothing to do with the editorial department and, when pressed, might be able to draw a stick figure. Despite that, this is a proud moment for the entire staff of The Denver Post, and there was much rejoicing.

Today in writing: I logged 400 words on the WIP last night, for a running total of 1,922.

Bits and pieces:

No comments: