Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hate on me

Have you ever had someone smile to your face and then stab you in the back? How about a whole bunch of people, so you feel like Julius Caesar on the Ides of March? There's really no way to know how much it hurts unless it has happened to you. The worst part is, when it happened to me this week, I was not the primary target. I was collateral damage. So was my 7-year-old son, and that is the part that burns me the most.

It's times like this when I rediscover the healing power of music. I have been listening all day to songs about shrugging off the haters, of coming out the other side as a stronger person. Such songs are about the only thing that has kept me from sinking into bitterness and hostility.

First came my Facebook fiasco, and now this. So far, 2011 is the Year of the Hater.

Today in writing: Nothing. I can't get myself into the right mind-set. I'm too angry.

Bits and pieces:

No comments: