Thursday, April 28, 2011

My best friend today: Tylenol

Writing progress: I managed 1,000 words over the past two days, despite having a splitting migraine for most of yesterday afternoon and evening. My goal is to have the first draft done by the last day of the month. I'm going to have to really buckle down and write to meet that goal. But this story is fun, and it's always easier to write a story when I'm grinning and chuckling to myself while I go along.

Today in real life: I am sore, oh so very sore. That is because I have gone running two days in a row for the first time since New Year's. I run because I enjoy it (except for the pain afterward), and what is not enjoyable is running in bitter cold and snow. I take the winter off. That means when I start back up again in the spring, every muscle in my body protests: legs, back, shoulders, butt. I usually take the stairs at work, but today I'm all about the elevator.

No comments: