Thursday, May 26, 2011

Book signing set

The Colorado contributors to the upcoming "Showdown at Midnight" weird West anthology - including yours truly - will be doing a signing at 3 p.m. July 10 at the Broadway Book Mall in Denver. I'm sure I'll be mentioning this again, as well as the release date for the book, as we get closer.

While the signing details were being worked out over e-mail this morning, I mentioned to my husband that this event would be coming up. He said, "Is this for the anthology that just came out?"

My response: "No, this is for another one coming out this summer."

And that's when I stopped and marveled for a moment. "Another one" means multiple anthologies. Over a three-month period, my stories are being published in two anthologies (one is a reprint), and also there is this. Normally I try to put on my professional face for this blog (whether I succeed or not is a different story), but sometimes it's good to share the giddiness, too. Why else do we writers toil to get our stories just right and endure reams of rejections if not for these small moments of success?

No comments: