Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today being the day we set aside to honor our mothers, here are a few things I'm thankful for about my own mother:

She chose to carry me to term, even though I was unplanned. She put her career on hold to stay home to care for me and my sisters. She cuddled me in the rocking chair whenever I was sad. She went back to work and kept the money coming in when my dad was going through a bad time in his life. She supported me when I said I wanted to go to college 1,000 miles from home. She flew to North Carolina and stayed to help me for several weeks after each of my children was born. She is the best mother (and now grandmother) any girl could ask for.

Thanks, Mom.

My husband and children celebrated the day by taking me out to lunch. There were also roses and adorable school projects involved. This afternoon, we took the training wheels off my son's bike, and he was riding from one end of the cul-de-sac to the other within a half-hour. No better way to spend the day.

Today in writing: 800 words last night. Damn close to "the end."

No comments: