Friday, May 13, 2011

Non-writing news for the day

Today in real life: The most important thing I did today was deliver a stuffed bunny to my son's school. Today was stuffed-animal day in his class, and he left Ouch the bunny (yes, that's its name) on the living room floor. My son was quite happy when he saw me and Ouch waiting for him in the school office.

On the boob tube: Good news for one of my favorite television shows. The perennial bubble show "Chuck" will get a fifth and final season of 13 episodes. Long ago, one of my favorite shows coming to a close would have made me sad. Nowadays, I'm of the opinion that it's better for a show to go out at its creative peak rather than spend a season or two petering out before being canceled in a mercy killing. It feels like this is the right course to take for "Chuck." The two main characters are about to get married, which will effectively kill the sexual tension that has been the beating heart of the show for four years. It's time to let Chuck and Sarah ride off into the sunset.

No comments: