Friday, May 13, 2011

Sale! Showdown at Midnight anthology

That weird West story I've been pounding away at for the past three or four weeks has sold to the Showdown at Midnight anthology, which will be put out by Science Fiction Trails Publishing sometime this year. (I'm fuzzy on the actual publication date.) "The Great Ghost Train Robbery" involves Annie Oakley, a gang of ghost bandits and, of course, a train robbery. It's one of the more fun stories I've ever written and I'm excited for it to find such a good home. If you're looking for a fix of excellent weird West fiction right now, check out the Six-Guns From Hell anthology by the same publisher (there's a link on the right side of the page.)

In other publishing news, you can now order The Best of Every Day Fiction, Vol. 3 at your online book retailer of choice. These are the 100 best stories published by Every Day Fiction in 2010, including one of mine ... an ancient Rome alternative history story called "Ripples."

So this is a good day for me on the writing front. I'm going to bask in the happy glow for a while, and then get cracking on my Writers of the Future story after work.

No comments: