Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Done, with two days to spare

As of five minutes ago, I have a story submitted in the Writers of the Future contest for the 11th consecutive quarter. I started writing the story exactly one week ago. I was not sure I could write a story that quickly, but I managed it. More than that, I am damn proud of this one. It is probably my best submission to date. The depressing part is that I had to wade through 16,000 words of crap this quarter to get to the good stuff. Now it is in the hands of the judges.

2 comments:

Aaron Hughes said...

Good luck, Jennifer!

If you managed to write your best submission yet in a week, then you've already learned one of the key lessons of the WOTF workshop: taking a lot more time doesn't always make it better.

Jennifer Campbell-Hicks said...

Thank you for the well wishes, Aaron. My best stories do tend to be the ones I churn out with "binge writing."