Saturday, June 11, 2011

More writing

Another 500 words written last night. Total: 8,000.

I've reached the story's climax. Trouble is, I'm not sure what happens next. I know where I am (Point A) and where I need to get to (Point B), but there are a hundred ways to get to Point B. Of course it's all determined by the characters and how each acts and reacts based on their personalities. I feel most comfortable when I know what the characters will do before I start writing, but this time I might just throw planning to the wind, write and see what happens. At the very least, if it doesn't work, I'll know one route not to take.

However, I did no writing this morning. Rather, I spent two hours trying without success to purge malware from my husband's laptop. We cannot download an anti-virus program because the malware freezes all browsers, even in safe mode. This happens two days after I had a similar issue with my own laptop, except I was able to get online and download what I needed to get rid of the problem. It feels like some nasty hacker is out to get us.

No comments: