Saturday, June 25, 2011

Shh ... I'm writing

Writing progress: I'm at 3,900 words and well into the climax. This story will probably come in around 5,000 total, which seems to be the sweet spot for me on length.

I have not gone to bed before 2 a.m. all week. I also have not watched any television since Tuesday, even though there's a half-watched DVD set of True Blood season 3 on the shelf. This is because every night after the kids are in bed, I boot up my laptop and try to pile on the word count. There's hardly any point in trying to write before the kids are asleep. They instinctively know what is the absolute worst time to interrupt me ... and then interrupt me. It's impossible to get into the right mindset when I am refereeing arguments and pouring cups of juice. I love my children, but kids and writing do not mix.

No comments: