Friday, July 8, 2011

Book signing: Showdown at Midnight

At 3 p.m. Sunday at the Broadway Book Mall, I will be doing a book signing for the new weird West anthology "Showdown at Midnight." Joining me will be fellow anthology contributor Carol Hightshoe and editor David Riley.

For anyone wondering right now: What the heck is weird West? There's a good article on the subject this month at Redstone Science Fiction magazine. Take Wild West and mix in some science fiction, fantasy or horror, and you've got a weird West story. I've written about a cowboy's encounter with aliens, and an elixir (sold by a man who travels in a dirigible) that turns people into zombies. My story in the new anthology, "The Great Ghost Train Robbery," involves Annie Oakley and a gang of train robbers who happen to already be dead.

If you live in the Denver area, I'd love for you to come on by.

No comments: