Saturday, July 30, 2011

I'm on Google +

At the invite of a friend, I have joined Google +. I'm not sure exactly how it works, and the whole circle thing is confusing. There are also apparently hangouts, which are different from circles in ways I do not understand. But I do hope that once I get it figured out that this will prove itself as a suitable replacement for Facebook, which I quit a few months ago and still miss.

Also today, I took my two youngest children to the local library for the end of the summer reading program. If a child reads eight or more hours during June and July, the library gives him or her a free book. There were lots of titles to choose from: tables and tables piled high with books. My 7-year-old son excitedly found the fourth volume in the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" series (he spent most of the summer reading the first three installments). My 4-year-old daughter picked out a Max and Ruby picture book. Then they did some craft projects and played outdoor games. In all, it's a fantastic program for a library system to offer kids. Let's keep them reading!

Writing progress: 500 words last night.

No comments: