Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vacation, but not in San Diego

Back in January, I asked for this week off with one purpose in mind: to go to Comic-Con for the first time. Alas, my longtime convention partner (my youngest sister) was unable to afford the trip. So instead of screaming myself hoarse over Doctor Who, Chuck, True Blood, Glee, Nathan Fillion, Joss Whedon, Sarah Michelle Gellar and a whole bunch of awesome novelists, I am on staycation and will be following the annual geekfest online. Oh well. There's always next year.

What else will I be doing with nine days of nonworking? Last night, my husband and I took the kids to a Colorado Rapids game. I plan to run every day and finish the first draft of my current WIP. The kids and I will go to the Colorado Renaissance Festival and maybe catch a movie or two. And I hope to clean up the mess that is my side of the bedroom.

4 comments:

Grayson said...

Oh, what a bummer, Jennifer! I hope you get lots of writing done and are able to recharge and just generally enjoy being under a little less pressure this week.

Jennifer Campbell-Hicks said...

Hi Grayson. The silver lining is that I'll have more time for writing. It'll be a relaxing week. I hope you are making good progress on that Q4 story. :)

Grayson said...

Well, if I stick to my usual trend, I'll have it done on about September 28th. ;-)

Have you already got an idea for yours--or even a completed story?

Jennifer Campbell-Hicks said...

I'm about 1,900 words into what I hope will be my Q4 entry. However, last quarter, I wrote two stories intended for WotF, dumped them both and wrote a third one at the last minute. So, who knows how this one will turn out. I'm happy with it so far.