Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bad reaction to a wasp sting

Why is it that medical issues always come up on weekends when the only option is going to an overpriced and crowded urgent-care clinic? The wasp sting from three days ago has swollen to the size of my palm, is red and hard to the touch, and itches like crazy. I'm not in emergency phase. Right now I'm getting by on Benadryl and hydrocortisone cream, and I hope to hold out until Monday when I can go see my regular doctor. I've also had no appetite the past two days, and I'm wondering if that's related. I am mildly allergic to mosquito bites and bee stings, but I've never been stung by a wasp before. It is proving to be unpleasant.

2 comments:

Grayson said...

Ooh, I hope you're all better, Jennifer. And that the no-appetite thing is not early pregnancy (unless you want another wee one, in which case I hope it *is* :-) ).

Congrats on the summer-vacation progress - we've just gotten back from three weeks away, and I haven't written a word since we left. So I think your progress is pretty awesome!

Jennifer Campbell-Hicks said...

I'm not pregnant and don't want to be. Three kids is enough. The swelling has gone down on its own, thank goodness, but I still have a nasty red patch on my leg.

Three weeks of vacation sounds wonderful. Now get back to that writing! You at least need a WotF entry for Q4, right?