Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hugo redux

I watched most of the Hugo Awards ceremony last night on my computer and from the comfort of my living room. It was a long ceremony that could have cut in some places (did we really need to see the full-length trailers for every nominated movie?) and could have gone a little longer in others (I could have listened to Robert Silverberg not announce the novella winner all night).

You can find the list of winners here, along with an unhealthy dose of negativism in the comments section. Some of the winners aren't the ones I would have voted for, either, folks, but that doesn't mean they're not deserving. You can also check out the breakdown of the voting here.

What I'm reading: Gardner Dozois' The Year's Best Science Fiction anthology for 2010. There are a few Hugo nominees in there, a Hugo winner I haven't read ("Emperor of Mars" by Allen M. Steele) and loads of juicy science fiction that I'm eager to dig into.

No comments: