Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sorry for the blog silence ...

It occurs to me that I haven't posted anything for a week, and I won't be posting over the weekend because I will out of town for a cousin's wedding. So I better do it now.

Writing progress: WIP hit a roadblock a few days ago. I puttered around with it and realized nothing was working, so I tried a little trick that sometimes helps. I crafted a one sentence "cover blurb" for the story that summed up the external and internal conflicts and what the story is "about." That has helped me regain some focus, and I'm tweaking what's already written to better fit my vision of what the story should be. The hope is when I work my way back to the climax (which is where I stalled out), the writing will come more easily.

Other stuff: I finally got around to watching the new version of "True Grit," after the Netflix disc sat on the shelf for a couple of weeks. My dad is a fan of the John Wayne version and made me sit through it when I was a kid. I don't remember much about it except that I enjoyed the new version better. Hailee Steinfeld's performance blew me away.

And I'm starting to get antsy for the return of Doctor Who on Aug. 27. The new trailer is here.

No comments: