Friday, August 12, 2011

Writing update

Writing progress: The first draft of the work-in-progress is done, coming in just shy of 6,000 words. This might be my fourth quarter entry to Writers of the Future. The decision depends on the general reaction of my first readers and whether I can write something better in the next six weeks. My plan is to have two quality stories ready to go, so I have options. But the next item on my to-do list is revising my semi-finalist story from quarter 2, based off a spot-on critique from judge K.D. Wentworth. I have my fingers crossed that I can turn this one into my first pro sale.

In real life: My husband and I are gearing up for back-to-school shopping. I can't believe it's that time of the year already; the summer went by too fast. The garden is producing more vegetables and strawberries than we can eat, so we're foisting them off on the extended family. There's also a wasp nest near the strawberry patch, and yes I got stung yesterday when picking fruit.

No comments: