Monday, September 26, 2011

Hey, look, I got an award

I got a nice surprise in the comments section the other day, which is fellow Hatracker Redux has passed along the honor of the Versatile Blogger award to me. Thanks, Redux! I guess I could be considered versatile in that I write about Doctor Who and Glee (and also writing and publishing, and sometimes more about my personal life than anyone would care to know).

Along with the award, I have been given tasks. I'm not too sure about an award that requires that I do something, but I'll give it a shot.

First, thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog (see above for the thank you and below for the link).

Second, seven things about myself.
  • I was born in that bastion of all things crazy liberal: Boulder, Colorado, sometimes known as the People's Republic of Boulder.
  • A majored in journalism and minored in anthropology at the University of Missouri-Columbia and graduated magna cum laude in 1998.
  • I was the female lead of my sixth-grade musical, a hokey affair about the Continental Congress. I sang a solo in a song called "There's a Price to be Paid for Freedom."
  • Pets I've owned since college: three hamsters (Bean, Pippin and Merry) and a dog (Buddy).
  • When I was a kid, I secretly wanted to be the pink member of Voltron. Or Wonder Woman.
  • The first book I ever learned to read by myself was "Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing."
  • I earned varsity letters in track, cross country and soccer in high school, and I still go running three or four times a week.

Third, pass along the award to five newly discovered bloggers. Hmm. I might have to take a rain check on that one while I think about who I might pick. Most of the blogs I frequent belong to pro writers and agents, who don't qualify as "newly discovered."

Anyway, go check out Redux's blog, I'm an Author not a Writer! From there, you can link to the other four recipients along with yours truly.

No comments: