Saturday, October 8, 2011

Stuff and fluff

In writing: About 640 words last night. I've written 7,100 words total in the work-in-progress and have one short scene left. The story will probably end up being about 7,500 words, which is about what I expected it would be when I started.

In reading: I'm working my way through "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" by Stieg Larsson.

In real life: The Denver area is getting its first snowfall of the season today, or so I've read. The parts of Denver I've been in have gotten only cold rain, emphasis on the cold. The one thing I really dislike about living in Colorado is that the snow season generally starts in October and doesn't end until April.

Because of the nasty weather, I did not go running this morning as planned. Instead, I did a pilates abs workout I have on DVD, or rather I tried to do the workout. I used to scoff at living-room workouts as being for out-of-shape wimps. The one I attempted this morning is for iron men and women. My abs now hurt every time I breathe. But after two weeks of serious work on my core muscles, I think I'm starting to see some improvement.

1 comment:

charice ford said...

You can do some research about abdominal exercise machines and workout equipment before you buy them. The selected equipment must be easy to move and easily detachable.