Friday, November 18, 2011

Entertainment linkage

I'm way past due on catching up on recent television and movie news. So here goes:

You can now watch the trailer for the Doctor Who Christmas special. It looks like the good Doctor will be channeling "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe." Only six more weeks to wait, folks.

Asa Butterfield is the boy who would be Ender Wiggin on the big screen. Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game" is one of my favorite books and one I've read many, many times. The idea of a movie version makes me nervous - less a question of whether they will mess it up and more of how much will they mess it up. But this kid looks like what I always imagined Ender would look like. I suppose that's a good start.

Bradley Cooper is the Sexiest Man Alive according to People Magazine, and for some reason this is generating controversy. Some people think it should have been Ryan Gosling. Don't we have more important things to argue about? Anyway, Entertainment Weekly puts the two in a face-off and says we first heard of Cooper in "The Wedding Crashers." I say no! Long before that, he was awesome as Sydney's best friend Will Tippin on "Alias."

No comments: