Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Location scouting

I took a guided tour today of the Colorado state Capitol building, as it's the location for much of the short story I'm currently writing. Most of what our tour guide said was stuff I had already read online, but I wasn't there for the talk. I wanted to get a feel for the place: its size and atmosphere. I took oodles of photos. One thing I wanted to learn more about was the extensive tunnel system beneath the Capitol that links it to other buildings in the area. But, alas, the tunnels are not open to the public and are now mostly used for storage. I did find one photo of the tunnels in an exhibit. Here is my photo of the photo:



Here's the view coming in from the west entrance, with the grand staircase in the background:



And here's the view from the Capitol dome, facing west toward the City and County Building, Civic Center park and the Rocky Mountains.

2 comments:

Grayson said...

I saw on the WOTF forum at the bottom that it's your birthday today. Happy birthday, Jennifer! I hope it's a wonderful one.

Jennifer Campbell-Hicks said...

Thanks, Grayson. So far, so good. I never even noticed the birthday thing at the bottom of the forum. I'll have to start watching it now.