Saturday, December 3, 2011

Let it snow, let it snow ...

Denver averages 8.5 inches of snow in December, according to an article in The Denver Post a couple days ago. Three days into this month, I've easily shoveled that much snow off the driveway, and we're expecting another couple of inches tomorrow. Either we're getting our wintry weather out of the way early, or it's going to be a long, miserable month. (I love snow, as long as I don't have to drive in it. But seeing as I have to drive just about every day, me and snow do not get along.)

I got around to watching "Super 8" last night. Damn, that was a good movie. The story focuses on a group of kids in the 1980s who, while filming a Super 8 movie, get up close with a spectacular train wreck and a scary something that escapes the train and terrorizes Small Town, Ohio. I was reminded of "E.T." and "The Goonies," which isn't surprising seeing as Steven Spielberg was involved in both those movies and produced this one. And the monster that you don't quite see is reminiscent of another J.J. Abrams production, "Cloverfield."

Writing progress: I'm almost done cleaning up the work-in-progress for my critique partners, who will likely point out many more things I'll need to fix.

No comments: