Thursday, December 22, 2011

An odd morning

I woke up to 11 inches of new snow and it's still falling. That's on top of the 3 or 4 inches that hadn't melted from the storms three weeks ago. I'm wondering whether I should cancel my hair appointment for this afternoon or get into my little Corolla and go slipping and sliding down the road in a winter wonderland.

I also had a voice message from someone from a website whose name I couldn't catch who sounded like they wanted to interview me about "my book" Science Fiction Trails 5. First off, not my book. I do have a story in that issue of the magazine. Secondly, I googled the phone number and found that it was a marketing company for self-published writers. That's a first. I've never received a call like that before. It's interesting they called me because I don't have a novel to self-publish and, when I do, I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself.

Writing progress: I've sent off my 13th consecutive entry to the Writers of the Future contest, and I'm waiting on responses from four other markets. It's been a long time since I had five stories out at the same time. And I'm doing prep work for my next story, which I'll start writing right after Christmas.

No comments: