Friday, December 30, 2011

What I read in 2011

My reading for this year, courtesy mostly of a nifty feature of my local library system to keep track of my checkout history on its website. Some books were in print and others audio. This list doesn't include the multitude of Asimov's and Analog magazines I've read this year, plus various pieces of short fiction found around the web. The books are listed in alphabetical order based on the author's last name.

Isaac Asimov
Foundation

Orson Scott Card
Pathfinder

Gail Carriger
Heartless

Susanne Collins
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay

Bernard Cornwell
Sharpe's Battle

Lev Grossman
The Magicians

Sara Gruen
Water for Elephants

Stieg Larsson
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played With Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

Donald Maass
The Fire in Fiction

George R.R. Martin
A Clash of Kings

Audrey Niffenegger
The Time Traveler's Wife

Glenda Riley
The Life and Legacy of Annie Oakley

Patrick Rothfuss
The Name of the Wind

Carrie Vaughn
Kitty and the Midnight Hour
Kitty Goes to Washington
After the Golden Age

Connie Willis
Blackout

Anthologies
Writers of the Future Vol. 27
Writers of the Future Vol. 5
The Year's Best Science Fiction Vol. 28, ed. Gardner Dozois

There's probably more, but I can't think of what it would be at this moment. I'll go back and add to the list as needed. My main impression from this list is that I branched out this year in the genres I read; it's not just science fiction and fantasy.

No comments: