Tuesday, January 24, 2012

And the nominees are ...

I'm a sucker for the Oscars, and this morning we have the nominees. Last year, I made an effort to watch all the best picture nominees, which I succeeded in doing ... but not before the winners were announced. This year, I have a long list of watching because I have seen exactly zero of movies up for best picture. I would have liked to see the latest Harry Potter or The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo on that list, but alas no.

However, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close got a nomination? The critics were ho-hum on that movie and no one went to see it. But I suppose it's important, being a post-9/11 film, and therefore Hollywood's elite feel important by giving it a nomination. (Wow, how did I get to be so jaded?)

What I have seen: Dragon Tattoo, Kung Fu Panda 2, Rango, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, Jane Eyre and The Muppets. I love that the song "Man or Muppet" was nominated. Obviously I have seen none of the big ones, and my best catagory is animated feature. You can tell I have kids.

No comments: