Thursday, January 19, 2012

Applying to Boot Camp

One of my goals for 2012 is to apply to Orson Scott Card's Boot Camp writers workshop, but my worry was that he might not hold it. I had nothing to worry about. Boot camp applications are now available, for June 18-23 in Greensboro, N.C.

Going to this would require I pay for tuition, an airline ticket, room and board. Not cheap. But I've heard from many fellow writers that the cost is worth it. If all goes as I hope it will, I'll be spending a week in beautiful North Carolina this summer. If not - because only 14 spaces are available - I will continue to save my pennies and apply again next year.

I've had a busy couple of days (volunteering in my daughter's preschool class, going to the theater with my husband, getting my annual medical checkup), so I haven't done much beyond tweaking what I've already written. I can't keep skipping days like this. Even if it's only a couple hundred words, I need to write every day.

No comments: