Sunday, January 15, 2012

Broncos, day after: Over and Ouch

The game was ... well, probably the less said of that the better. It was a better-than-expected season, a promising start for the future, and never, ever boring. But as was shown twice this season, the Broncos cannot hang with the Pats. Oh well. I hope the Patriots go on to dismantle next week's opponent.

In other news:
  • I'm reading Carrie Vaughn's "Kitty Takes a Holiday," which I checked out as an e-book from the library. I love how the Jefferson County Library system has pretty much everything Vaughn has written available on e-book. So far, I'm enjoying the story.
  • I went running this morning (OK, it was more of a jog) for 3.5 miles without wearing myself out too much. I got one small blister. I really need new running shoes.
  • I haven't done a whole lot of writing in the past few days but I plan to make up for that today. The goal: Get to 2,500 words on the work-in-progress before the day is done.
  • I've signed on as a slush reader for Triangulation anthologies. Submissions for this year's anthology are open through March, and the theme is "morning after." Get to writing those stories!

No comments: