Monday, January 2, 2012

Sweating with the resolutioners

Today in real life: I made my first trip of the year to the health club. It was crazy crowded. I'm guessing the influx comes from all those people who made a resolution to get into shape and that the crowding will lessen in about two to three weeks.

And I saw the excellent new movie version of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" yesterday with my dad and sister. I've read the book. The movie made some omissions and minor changes - and one big change that surprised me when I saw it but I later decided I liked because it tightened the plot. Rooney Mara is Lisbeth Salander, exactly as I had imagined her. Because I read the book knowing that Daniel Craig would play Blomkvist, I would have had a hard time imagining anyone else in the role. It worked for me.

Today in writing: This is the first time I've included a daily word count in my blog for weeks. I'll take that as a good sign that I'm coming out of my writers depression. I wrote about 400 words on the beginning of a new story. It takes courage to start a story. As I've said before, the story is absolutely perfect in my mind before I start writing, and it's hard to give that up by putting words on the page. But it must be done.

No comments: