Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ides of March update

I love this time of year. On my run this afternoon (in weather warm enough for shorts and a tank top), I saw crocuses in bloom. And in downtown, there are daffodils. A few smallish trees are starting to put out their leaves. March and April are historically the snowiest months of the year here, but in between storms, it's warm and beautiful.

For the middle of March:

Writing: I've been busy redrafting a story to submit to Writers of the Future. The deadline for the quarter is in two weeks. I'll make it, but barely. I also wrote a flash piece. Grand total of new words: 3,500. That's well ahead of my modest goal of 2,500 by the middle of the month.

Submissions: I've sent out five new submissions in March, with a total of six stories on the market. Days out range from 0 to 161.

Reading: Not as much as I would like. I'm almost done with the current issue of Asimov's and will dig into Analog after that.

No comments: