Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A little crazy, a lot of happy

And now I will take a moment to go "Whoo!" and do a happy Snoopy dance. Because Fiona Apple is releasing her first album in seven years this summer, called ...

The Idler Wheel is wiser than the Driver of the Screw, and the Whipping Cords will serve you more than Ropes will ever do.

Yeah. Fiona, I have missed your crazy. I suspect this one will get shortened to The Idler Wheel, just as another of her album titles was shortened to When the Pawn. That one went on for 70 or 80 words. I don't usually get excited about an album release (not like I do about a movie or book release, such as Naomi Novik's new one coming out this week), but Fiona Apple is one of my favorites.

And here's one of my favorite of her songs, from her first album:

No comments: