Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mid-month update

Here we are already halfway through April. How the heck did that happen? This year is flying by. Flying, I tell you. Tonight I will be watching my good friend Nick T. Chan -- and a whole bunch of other great writers, too -- receive their due at the Writers of the Future awards ceremony. Alas, I cannot go in person, so I must settle for instant streaming. Maybe next year, it'll be me up on that stage. I can only hope.

I finished reading Timeless by Gail Carriger a couple days ago, the fifth and final book in her Parasol Protectorate series. I've enjoyed every page of the series and am sorry it's over. Next on my reading list is Mary Robinette Kowal's Glamour in Glass. She'll be here in Denver signing at the Broadway Book Mall on April 26. Come out to the signing, if you can.

Now, onward with the mid-month stats.
  • Words of fiction written: 1,500, which is way below where I should be. However, I was burned out after marathon rewrites in March and took a 10-day break at the start of this month. So really, I've written 1,500 words in the past week.
  • Stories started: 1
  • Stories finished: 0
  • New submissions: 0 (Everything that can be submitted is already out somewhere -- except for one story, for which I'm waiting on a specific market to reopen.)
  • Stories out on submission: 6 (Days out span from 192 to 15.)

No comments: