Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Running

Today is one of those days that reminds me of the amazing healing power of exercise. I had a horrible morning on several fronts: physical, financial and in writing. I got one of those rare rejections that I had such high hopes for (as in my high hopes were rare, not the rejection itself), and I immediately burst into tears. But after I calmed down, I pulled on my running clothes and shoes and went out into the neighborhood. I ran for about 3 1/2 miles without stopping and afterward felt much better about the world. There's so much out there that I can't control, and on days like this it makes me feel helpless. But when I'm running, it's only me and the pavement. I love how strong I feel. It helps me remember that I can push through whatever obstacles the world throws at me and keep going. And keep running.

No comments: